Lincoln recently introducedits firsthybrid – the new 2011Lincoln MKZ Hybrid, expected to deliver 41 miles per gallon (city) when itgoes on sale this fall.
The midsize sedan hybridjoins Ford’s growing lineup of hybrids thisfall and also complements the automaker’s aggressive global electrificationplan to introduce five new electrified vehicles by 2013.
The 2011 Lincoln MKZ Hybriduses Ford’s second-generation hybrid technology – the 2.5L Atkinson -cycle I-4hybrid engine, named one of Ward’s2010 “10 Best Engines.” The combined gasoline engine and electric motor provide191 net horsepower. The pure electric mode on the Lincoln MKZ Hybrid extends to47 mph.
Standard features andtechnologies include:
- SmartGauge with EcoGuide.
- Lincoln SYNC.
- 10-Way Power Passenger Seat.
- Power Driver Memory Seat Settings.
- Heated and Cooled Front Seats.
- Reverse Sensing System.
- Easy Fuel Capless Fuel-Filler.
- Personal Safety System.
- Integrated Spotter Mirrors.
- Acoustic Laminated Windshield.
Photo courtesy of Dream-car.tvunder the Creative CommonsLicense